Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Shout Out to Two Wonderful Homeschooling Resources

As some of you may have already heard, we will be transferring shortly to workboxes/workfolders.  Upon deep consideration I purchased Sue Patrick's Workbox System ebook and I have to say I was IMMENSELY THRILLED with what it has taught me!  If you're looking for more information on the system or just some GREAT homeschooling advice in general, GET THIS BOOK!!!!

Okay, now onto something else - with homeschooling coming under attack nationwide and our upcoming barrage of travel I sat down with DH today and briefly discussed the idea of HSLDA.  Okay, I admit, I stacked the cards in my favor by reading a few of the horror stories in states we will be visiting as well as our own here.  Then I told him it was ONLY $10 a month to join.

He jumped on it and told me to fill out the application immediately.  Pending approval, we will now have HSLDA on our side should we have ANY problems.  That peace of mind is immense as I have GREATLY feared taking homeschooling on the road with some places even enacting "no children in public places during public school hour" laws (how asinine is that!?!?!?)

Plus, once we get our IDs, DS will have an "official" student ID and Mom and Dad will have "official" teacher IDs for all the perks and lack of hassle they will bring!

GO US!!!!


www.workboxsystem.com
www.hslda.org

No comments:

Post a Comment